Arizona Public Outreach Expos and Festivals
Have you ever wanted to try hunting, or harvest your own food? The Outdoor Skills Network is your one-stop resource for events offered by the Arizona Game and Fish Department and a network of partners who conduct hands-on events to teach you the basics about hunting, fishing, trapping, safety, wildlife, and other outdoor skills.
Interested, but not ready to go hunting yet? Don't worry, we still want you to come on out and see what the outdoor experience and wildlife conservation is all about. Hunting is just one portion of these events. Many of these camps are also open to people wishing to learn more about wildlife biology, ecology and their habitats; target shooting; archery; wildlife viewing; camping; social gatherings and more. If you are interested, just contact the camp host and let them know. We are always seeking out mentors and volunteers as well.
Did you know?
- There are more than 800 species in the state of Arizona - more than any other inland state.
- Arizona Game and Fish Department, charged with the management of the state's wildlife, receives no state tax revenue. It is through a user-pay public-benefit model that funds wildlife management and conservation in Arizona and much of the United States.
- Learn more and see cool pictures and videos: Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter, or sign up for email news.
Please note these are not "Guided Hunts" or "All-inclusive Camps." While many events offer one-on-one mentoring, the focus is on providing assistance and other instructional help for beginners to learn to become self-sufficient through a structured environment and centralized location.
Note Classes are generally between March and September. If you don't see a class in your area, please check again later.
Sep 26 Sat
Registration Open 82 of 100 seats remaining
Location & Schedule
Virtual Meeting Phoenix, AZ 85086
- Saturday, September 26, 2020 9:00am - 12:00pm
Oct 3 Sat
Location & Schedule
Mittry Lake Cabana Yuma, AZ 85365
- Saturday, October 3, 2020 6:00am - 3:00pm